Sunday, August 23, 2009

Other Inhabitants




My dog Princess sees ghosts. I have no doubt that there are ghosts in the house. Marilyn and I have both seen the evidence. A few nights ago, Marilyn heard a loud crash. When she investigated, she found nothing.

Neither Marilyn nor I are afraid. Ghosts are rarely, if ever, harmful beings. I think they just subsist, alongside of the people that are presently alive.

I am aware of only three spirits that might inhabit it – Anne, my wife that died of lung cancer; my mother that died of lymphoma, and Randy, the man that Anne and I bought the house from that committed suicide three days later. The house that we live in is more than thirty years old and there could be even more.

I admit that I don’t understand the afterlife. I barely understand the present life! Still, my pug sees spirits. When she does, she barks and carries on. I have a new pup now, Scooter, her little brother. He also sees them, but even as young as he is, he isn’t really afraid of the other inhabitants of our house.






No comments: