Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Worried Sick in Northwest Louisiana



Today is the last day of summer and I'm spending it in Vivian, Louisiana. I arrived her a week ago today in response to my Mother's medical crisis. We checked her in to the hospital last Thursday for tests and she returned home to Vivian yesterday. She apparently has large cell lymphoma and likely needs her spleen removed. If successful, the surgery would be followed by chemotherapy.

Anyway, I had a few moments away from the hospital and took this photo of a dead possum in the road. Macabre, I know, but that's how I'm presently feeling. My Mother's condition frightens me, along with Hurricane Rita in the Gulf that is bearing down on relatives and friends, square in its path. These are troubled days. Eric Wilder

No comments: