Wednesday, September 23, 2009

February Spirits

It is a windy beginning to the month here in Oklahoma. Except for the wind, the weather is fifty degrees and gorgeous. Marilyn and I went to Pearl's Graveside for their Cajun brunch. There was once a Pearl's Lakeside on the banks of Oklahoma City's Lake Hefner. This restaurant abuts a large graveyard, thus the spooky reference.

Marilyn and I usually sit at the bar and all the bartenders and wait staff know us. Some nights when the crowd is “dead,” spirits wander in from the nearby graveyard for a zombie, or bloody Mary, the pretty blonde bartender told us. She was not kidding!

The young bartender’s story got me thinking about the dating habits of spirits. Do they chase after other spirits and where do they go for happy hour? Hey, is there a happy hour in the beyond? I am working on a ghostly short story to help answer my questions on the subject. When I finish it, I will let you know.

Gondwana

No comments: